Kenedy A. Foryoung, M.D.
Dr. Kenedy A Foryoung completed medical school at Howard University College of Medicine (HUCM) with Honors, graduating as a junior member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society (AOA) as well as a member of the Gold Humanism Honor Society (GHHS). During his time at HUCM he received a Trustee Scholarship amongst multiple other awards for academic excellence and humanitarian/outreach work.
After medical school, Dr. Foryoung pursued his radiology residency training at Yale New Haven Hospital (YNHH). During his residency he made several presentations at national meetings, including winning an RSNA Travel Grant in 2016 for his presentation. He also confounded the RADAID chapter at YNHH and traveled multiple times to Cameroon and Tanzania, to continue radiology outreach work in medium and low resourced settings. He completed a Neuroradiology Fellowship at Yale New Haven Hospital and is well versed in all aspects of Neuroradiology, including advanced imaging applications.
He is dedicated to providing the highest quality care to his patients and exceptional service to our referring clinicians. He enjoys travel, sports, cooking and spending time with family.
1. Song, J. W., Mango, M. C., Museru, L. M., Kesselman, A., Foryoung, K., Kiloloma, O., ... Minja, F. J. (2017). Successful Implementation of a PACS in Tanzania. Journal of the American College of Radiology, 14(5). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2017.01.009
2. Mollura, D. J., Soroosh, G., Culp, M. P., Averill, S., Axelrod, D., Baheti, A., ... Zagurovskaya, M. (2017). 2016 RAD-AID Conference on International Radiology for Developing Countries: Gaps, Growth, and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Journal of the American College of Radiology, 14(6). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacr.2017.01.049
3. “Pattern of Head Injuries in the Elderly” Kenedy Foryoung, MD, Ajay Malhotra, MD, Felix Nautch, MD and Diego Nunez, MD. RSNA 2016 scientific digital oral presentation. RSNA Travel Grant Recipient.
4. Pearls and Pitfalls of functional MRI in Routine Clinical Imaging (Kenedy A Foryoung), Educational Exhibit, ARRS 2019 Meeting, May 2019
5. Terrence M Fullum, MD, Purnell Traverso, MD, Gezzer Ortega, MD, Kenedy Foryoung, MD, Tolulope A. Oyetunji MD MPH, Edward E Cornwell, III, MD. (2012) “The “At Risk” Gastric remnant following a Roux-en-Y gastric bypass” Bariatric Times. (n.d.). Manuscript. Retrieved from http://bariatrictimes.com/the-at-risk-gastric-remnant-following-roux-en-y-gastric- bypass/
6. K. Foryoung, T Washington, G Daniel, E Yared MD, P Gordon MD, K Smith MD, A Duerinckx, MD-PhD and B Davis MD. “Sonographic Features of Ovarian Torsion: Are they reliable?” Poster presentation: Howard University Health Sciences Research Day. April 2012, HUCM. Washington, D.C. Abstract Accepted for oral presentation: National Medical Association, Inc. July 2012, New Orleans, LA. (NMA)• Third Place Award: For NMA presentation
- Gold Humanism Honor Society
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS)
- RADAID – Program Director for RADAID Cameroon