Ali Albayati, M.D.
Dr. Ali Albayati, MD MBChB is a graduate of the George Washington University Hospital Department of Radiology and diplomate of the American Board of Radiology (ABR).
Dr. Albayati obtained Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification, completed subspecialty training in vascular interventional radiology at the University of Texas at San Antonio, and additional advanced fellowship training at the George Washington University, Washington, DC, in neuroradiology, vascular interventional radiology, and body imaging.
Dr. Albayati has received awards from the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA), participated in clinical research and coauthored presentations for national, international and local medical meetings. He is primary author of “Principles of Intraprocedural Analgesics and Sedatives” in “Image-Guided Interventions” with his mentor in vascular interventional radiology Dr. Anthony Venburx MD, and co-author of “Varicocele” in “Abram’s Angiography: Interventional Radiology”. Dr. Albayati co-authored several works presented at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) with his mentor in neuroradiology Dr. Raymond Tu MD FACR of The George Washington University Hospital and Progressive Radiology.
• Albayati A. Principles of Intraprocedural Analgesic and Sedative. In: Mauro MA, Murphy K, Thomson K, Venbrux A, Zollikofer CL, eds. Image-guided Interventions. Philadelphia: Saunders, Elsevier, 2014; 64-69 and 559-562.
• Akman A, Albayati A, Venbrux AC. Varicocele. In: Abrams' Angiography Interventional Radiology. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2014; 298-305.
• Ionita J, Albayati A, Tu R. The Foot Print Sign: A quick reference in the spine interpretation checklist. RSNA 2011 Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois
• Ionita J, Albayati A, Tu R, Akin E. Spinal canal morphometry: what really is stenosis?. RSNA 2011 Annual Meeting, Chicago, Illinois
• Albayati A, Bergren L, Bista B, Henkin R, Levy L. Structural and Functional Characteristics of Patients with Phantosmia and Congenital Hyposmia. ASNR 2011 Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington
• Bergren L, Albayati A, Bista B, Henkin R, Levy L. Diffusion Tensor Tractography of Olfactory Pathways. ASNR 2011 Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington
• Bista B, Albayati A, Bergren L, Henkin R, Levy L. Unusual Neuroimaging Presentations in Patients with Epilepsy: Neuroimaging-Clinical Mismatches. ASNR 2011 Annual Meeting, Seattle, Washington
• Suri R, Albayati A, Garg D, Lopera J, Kroma G. Arterial closure devices: The past, present and future. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe CIRSE 2010 Annual Meeting and Postgraduate Course, Valencia, Spain
• Albayati A. Radiofrequency Ablation: Limitations and complications. Winning Powerpoint Presentation, SIR Fellows Spring Practicum 2010, Chicago, IL
• Garg D, Lopera J, Suri R, Albayati A, Kroma G. Pictorial review of complicated IVC filters: Various filter types, Role of pre- and peri-retrieval imaging and use of optimum retrieval techniques. RSNA 2010 Annual Meeting
• Garg D, Lopera J, Suri R, Albayati A, Kroma G. Stent- sparing Endovascular Interventions for infrainguinal PAD: Evidence- Based Review. RSNA 2010 Annual Meeting